Welcome to the Pennsylvania Chapter of Palatines to America
Did your forebears emigrate to Pennsylvania from a German (aka Palatine) state? Are you interested in those Pennsylvania Germans? This is the place to learn more about them and find tips, clues, and resources to further your research. If your ancestors arrived in Philadelphia during the 1700s, the men were marched from the docks to the courthouse pictured above to sign the Oath of Allegiance (see Links for the Pennsylvania German Pioneer series to learn more). Members have access to additional resources, including searchable newsletters back to the first in 1978. Why not Join Us?
We are thrilled to announce the new website for the Pennsylvania Chapter of Palatines to America. Here are a few of the things you will find.
- If you are not a member;
- A list of Palatines to America events. Many are free.
- List of surnames our members are researching allowing you to contact them.
- Links to other sites and resources that will be helpful in researching your Pennsylvania German ancestors.
- An invitation to become a member.
- If you are a member:
- All of the above, plus:
- An archive of our newsletter, Penn Pal, from 1978 to present.
- Links to Pennsylvania Chapter past webinar videos and handouts.
Check back on a regular basis because more will be added as we continue to develop our website.
Third Tuesday Programs
See PalAm Events for more information:
|19 April 2022
||Introduction to the Pennsylvania Chapter's New Website
||by Lloyd Shenberger
|17 May 2022
||How to Navigate the PA State Archives Online Resources
||by Aaron McWillliams
|21 June 2022
||Highlights of the National PalAm Conference
||by Roberta Newcomer
See Events for more information.
Follow Us on Facebook